Popular posts from this blog
Time to update!
Well, well, well. It's been a while since I've touched my blog or my website for that matter. Let me explain. * Qufoto, the company that I used for my website since college, decided to go ahead and shut down abruptly and took all my photos and hard work with it. As you might imagine I wasn't thrilled. (I could use other words but I'll keep this PG). * I have reclaimed my website domain and am in the process of starting from scratch to bring back at least some of my most favorite work over the last 15 years or so. This is no simple task as finding all the CDs, hard drives (some of which are dead!), and other backups has not been easy. I will persevere though and get my website back up and running hopefully sooner rather than later. * I am still freelancing here and there, mostly for a lovely paper called The Coastal Star that was started by a bunch of former Palm Beach Post journalists years ago and continues to be a favorite in the community. Having high-quality...
Fair time...
As the Elkhart County 4-H Fair gets off to a start, I find myself very busy and a bit sunburnt. Some of the assignments are your usual group shots of 4-H winners with multiple wins and multiple participants which all must be I.D. correctly for the caption versus just saying "Poultry Showmanship winners". But it's cool, you are a kid you won an award, the least I can do is let your name be under the caption of the pic for the paper for your 24 hrs of fame. I think I just don't get 4-H. Well, some aspects of it at least. I mean the horse stuff is cool and some of the animals end up being pets at the end of the fair. But, as I have confided in a few people, I have a whole "Charlotte's Web" complex and the feeling that it is just a death camp for the poor animals entered in some of the competitions. They all look so sad. I try not to venture to that side of the fair unless I have to. I did shoot an armwrestling competition that got pretty intense with the o...
Comments
Post a Comment